Sourceforge updates

Okay, I know I haven't blogged in a while, but work's been busy.

On a positive note, I updated the contents of the WindowsIR Sourceforge site tonight, revamping the structure of the project itself. I've uploaded the lsproc, lspd, lspm, and RAMDump tools. If you remember, RAMDump is a GUI wrapper around George Garner's dd.exe, allowing the user to dump the contents of physical memory from a Windows 2000/XP system.

The rest of the tools are specific to Windows 2000 systems. That is to say, lsproc will parse through a dd.exe-style dump of physical memory from a Windows 2000 system and locate EPROCESS blocks. Lspd will extract process details based on the output of lsproc, and lspm will dump the memory used by a process based on the output of lsproc. Each of these three packages contains Perl source code, a Windows EXE compiled using Perl2Exe, and a required DLL.

Again...these three utilities are in the Windows2000 release because they work on memory dumps from Windows 2000 systems.

I will be posting other tools on this site over time, ranging from live response/IR tools to utilities meant for CF analysis.

Besides work (which I won't be posting about) I've been doing a lot of thinking with regards to live response, and I will be posting my thoughts.

Addendum: I uploaded the Offline Registry Parser, regp.pl, to the SF site, as well. The archive contains the Perl code, a Windows EXE compiled with Perl2Exe (you can use PAR, as well), and a required DLL.