New WFA Review Posted

Rob Lee posted a review of Windows Forensic Analysis today...check it out!

I have to tell you, it's a good one! Rob really hits home with some very important points about the book, particularly regarding flow. That's something I'll have to work on for 2/e. That's right...a second edition. I plan to make it more than an update, more than just adding new stuff. One of the problems I see with the current edition is like Rob said...flow. How does one sit down and find something more than just information about a tool or file? Sure, books have indexes (hint, hint) and that's a great place to start, but talking about how Prefetch files or a particular Registry key is useful will only get you so far. What I need to do is figure out a way to tie this all together into something that describes how to use this stuff in an actual...you know...examination. After all, that's the point, isn't it?

I do have some thoughts and ideas on where to go, but to be honest, I'd really like to hear from folks regarding what might work.