Venice Beach Skate Plaza II

J and I biked over to the new skateboard plaza in the afternoon Wednesday and watched some more. There were a lot more people skating and watching than in the morning. (See previous post.) The palm trees are freshly planted and haven't quite opened up yet on top.

I could just watch these guys (and a few gals) zoom back and forth up and down and around. In the morning I didn't see a single helmet, but in the afternoon a number of people wore them and knee and elbow pads. It won't be long before someone gets hurt. In the previous post I put up the sign that says LA has no liability for injuries.





[I did a post two years ago comparing viddler and youtube. At the time in addition to video quality, viddler had lots of other benefits youtube didn't have - like taking larger and longer files. Youtube now takes larger files, but as a recent commenter on that post said, Youtube quality can't compare. I did this in youtube and viddler. Youtube processed it much faster so I'm putting it up, but the quality is outrageously bad. As soon as I can get the Viddler, I'll put it up too. In the meantime you can compare this to the video in the previous post.]

Skater shoes are a big part of skate boarding.









Here's looking back at the Venice Boardwalk from the skate plaza. (I still want to write skate park, but the sign says plaza. I don't know what the kids call the place.)