13.37 Installation On Workstation

For months, my new workstation at my office was still using Windows 7 (original edition) since i'm kinda lazy to install Slackware-Current and i wanted to install a clean Slackware 13.37 system. I finally had a chance after Slackware 13.37 has been released yesterday.

I grab 2 DVD from my house this morning when i went to office and burned Slackware 13.37 DVD ISO and start installing it and i got my 13.37 system in less than 15 minutes. Everything worked as intended and it's getting easier to configure Slackware, even in text mode. Since i use Intel card, i don't really need to install blob driver, and KDE desktop effects works out-of-the-box, so i'm really happy with it, even though it's not a primary thing for me.

Since i have dropbox account, i can just put my configuration files i used at home in my desktop at home and my workstation will get it automatically and i only need to remotely login to the workstation using SSH and i can start configuring it.

Just now, i have successfully compiled 2.6.38.4 and installed it. I also adjust the configuration files a bit and remove unneeded modules, such as wireless since it's wired-based. I also enable HIGHMEM64 so my 8 GB of RAM were detected successfully.

In short, Slackware 13.37 is getting more suitable for most people, including newbies. You can't miss this release Yahoo