Slackware 13.37

Hey LockBoxx fans! I recently grabbed the newest Slackware ISO, v13.37 and I am really excited to get down and dirty, checking out all these new features. If you want to follow along, you can grab a copy of the ISO through BitTorrent here. At the Slackware website, their release announcement touts a hearty boost of features, including KDE SC 4.5.5 and the lightweight XFCE 4.6.2 (which runs great in a virtual machine!). It also comes with my favorite browser, FireFox4.0, as well as Apache 2.2.17 and great server support packages. The Slackware change log also notes some decent security fixes, although notes no 'arbitrary code execution' vulnerabilities. This only enforces my experiences with Slackware, as being a very secure operating system. The full list of Slackware packages can be found here, and includes CryptSetup(for encrypted hard drives), the amazing NetCat, and even the latest nMap 5.51! Once I got it up and running, I went over to SlackBuilds to grab some of my favorite packages, including Metasploit (I wrote a great article on using MSF previously), CryptCat, and Conky. Slackware 13.37 also provides exceptional support for PCMCIA, CardBus, and ACPI and runs very smoothly on my laptop. I highly recommend it as one of the most secure and easy-to-use flavors of Linux, that I have run. Until next time LockBoxx fans, follow those links, and enjoy your fortune,"Recursion is the root of computation as it trades description for time."