JavaScript: get data from an xml file (like a Blogger backup file) and display it (or print it) - Part 2

As promised, in the following article I will explain the code published in my previous post. I don't know how many of you are interested in explanations, but because I think that understanding things is better than merely copying examples, I will torture you with this. You've been warned!


The code
I will explain the code bit by bit, so that you can eventually modify it to your needs.

The Web Thought

  A place where I can share my thoughts on web development and programming. The web is such a big place...

 

This first part is just the heading of our web page. It contains an image and a sub-title. Nothing's special here. After that, the JavaScript snippet:

We finally close the post body container, add a few lines and close the script.
That's all.

Wow, that was something. I did all this, because I wanted to use the Blogger backup file to display my blog for printing. It's quite clear though, that you can use the code with any xml file. You obviously need to change the nodes names and possibly rearrange it all. However if you followed me, you have probably understood the general idea behind all the above example.

I hope you like the article and please let me know if you've found it useful or not.