Participating in Cyber Camps (USCC / CCDC)

I highly encourage students and young people in general to actively seek out cyber security competitions and events such as CCDC or USCC. These competitions provide amazing learning opportunities, connections to the community, and a common goal to work towards as a team. When I was young I participated in both Trinities Fire Fighting competition and volunteered for Lego's FIRST, both of which were an epic introduction to programming and team-based engineering for me at a young age. This early introduction to competition can breed a life long interest in computer science and/or computer security which can be a valuable skill in todays market. The following are two excepts that promote both USCC and CCDC. I make cameos in both, speaking on the importance of education and events like these.