Goodbye, good luck!

Saying goodbye is never easy, and this is particularly so in the case of my stepping down from the IPKat blogteam in order to sample the hitherto forbidden fruits of retirement.   My fellow Kats have been a wonderful resource for me -- full of ideas, endeavours and unexpected perspectives on topics on which I have pondered so often that they were in danger of becoming part of my intellectual furniture.  I shall miss their camaraderie, their sparkle, their wit and their carefully crafted rage.  I know that they will carry on our collective work and feel sure that they will lift the blog to new levels of excellence (or indeed, a cynic might say, to any level of excellence).

I shall miss our readers too.  Many have posted comments, in their own names, under cover of anonymity or though the assumption of pseudonyms.  Others have engaged me in correspondence, whether to share their fears and secrets, to inform me of forthcoming legal rulings, to ask a variety of favours or, worst of all, to crow triumphantly over the discovery of an error or – perish the thought – a spelling or grammatical error. 

But most of all I shall miss Merpel …

Bye!