Scan Share Permissions - PowerShell for Pentesters (PSSE)

Welcome back! This is my write-up on my second task in the Security Tube's PowerShell for Penetration Testers course! It's been an amazing course, and I've found these exam tasks fun, challenging and applicable, throughout. The following is a PowerShell cmdlet designed for querying a single host, a list of hosts, or an entire domain of hosts for shares available to the current user and the security permissions enabled on the share. Further, I've added some alerting around shares that have anonymous control, as they are often security risks and great pivot points for attackers. I also enjoyed adding some color to the output of this script, something I picked up from one of the many resources used and cited in this script. All that said, I've included this script in my PSSE repository and because it is a single file I've embedded it below: https://github.com/ahhh/PSSE/blob/master/Scan-Share-Permissions.ps1

This blogpost has been created for completing the requirements of the SecurityTube PowerShell for Penetration Testers Certification Exam:
https://www.securitytube-training.com/online-courses/powershell-for-pentesters/
Student ID: PSP-3061