President of EU Parliament says military action won't solve Turkey's problems

Alla Shali: Mr. President, although I have asked this question a couple of times, you didn’t answer directly. You and all other members of EU Parliament know that Turkey has violated human rights, media and press freedoms many times, and you certainly now that some 250,000 Kurds have been displaced from their homes and areas due to Turkey’s acts.
You need Turkey’s help in the refugee crisis, is that why you ignore Turkey’s acts?

Martin Schulz: I have always tried to answer your questions precisely. I don’t agree that military operations would resolve the tensions. That is why I thank you for asking this question. I have asked the Turkish Government to start the peace process as soon as possible, in my view that is a direct request.
All the committees in EU Parliament asked to send a commission to south of Turkey and I agreed to let them go and see the conditions. And about media freedoms I’ve always said that it would be great if Turkey didn’t violate them. 

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



from Rudaw http://ift.tt/21WTywd
via Defense News