More Game Hacking

Welcome back! This post is some of my most recent game hacking exploits. It's going to be a mostly screenshots and videos, all focused on run-time memory manipulation. The first game you see is Pillars of Eternity. This game was epic because when you modified your party or companion's skills and armor, you then have a team of insane fighters, which when assigned an aggressive AI will easily clear out entire dungeons.
Likewise, in Wanderlust Adventures, below I've enhanced my companions to help clear maps even quicker. I got Wanderlust from a recent  humble bundle pack and it's a great game for this type of application, due to the highly detailed stats yet expansive world. This game is fantastic because you can then take these hacked attributes into the world of online multiplay!
I really enjoyed hacking Wanderlust because it allowed me to explore the entirety of a normally massive game relatively quickly, as this process does in general. Further, it makes the education a lot more fun, especially if your into these games. That said, there is also a fairly large community around hacking these games, so there is also help out there if you get stuck.


Next is Nuclear Throne. Hacking this game was actually an evolution of my survival, aka this game was mega hard! Getting extra life, skills, and ammo in this game allowed me to explore it to it's fullest and really opened my eyes to how epic a game this is. I also really enjoyed seeing how far my hacks could take me and what kind of strange weapons I could find hidden in this game.
Cracking this game really made it that much more fun for me, and also presented a ton of interesting scenarios down the road. Many, many times I crashed this game in attempting more wild cheats, but when they succeeded, like unlimited skills at leveling up, they really paid off. This game also has a massive community that thrives on user videos, so I hope some of them see my exploits and are inspired. 


Finally, I want to highlight the latest in the Pwn Adventure series, the brand-new, old-skool PwnAdventureZ. I pulled down FCEUX for some NES emulation, and to my elation it came with some great hacking tools, like a debugger, memory searcher, hex viewer, logger, and cheating modules. This made for a great tool in exploring the PwnAdventureZ game.
Aside from beating the game, I was able to modify most all of the text and objects in the game, but there were still flags that eluded me. That said I will be playing more of these games to continue getting better and honing these skills. I'm also looking forward to hearing about other peoples hacks or seeing more PwnAdventureZ writeups in the comments bellow!