Interview With Jean Galea, Owner of WP Mayor


You can find Jean on LinkedIn or Twitter. This is our recent interview with him, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
I started out as a freelance website developer and for this reason I soon needed a CMS to implement on my clients’ websites. This was back in 2006 and the market share for Open Source CMSs was still split a number of ways with Mambo/Joomla, WordPress, Drupal and MODX all vying for the top spot as CMS of choice.
I started out with Joomla (then called Mambo) but soon realized that it was overly complicated for the clients to use. Shortly afterwards I discovered WordPress and have never looked back since.
Q2: What should readers know about the companies/projects you’re involved with?
WP Mayor is one of the most visited WordPress resource sites on the web, and I run that together with my wife Alyona. We also have several writers to help us keep pumping out great content on a daily basis.
I also love building products and the result of that passion is our product side of the business, consisting of WP RSS Aggregator as well as a few extensions for Easy Digital Downloads. WP RSS
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13528/interview-with-jean-galea-owner-of-wp-mayor




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/interview-with-jean-galea-owner-of-wp-mayor/