How To Be Smart About Using Custom WordPress Code


There are a lot of reasons to love WordPress, but one of the reasons I keep WordPressing is the supportive community. While I have no formal training as a web developer, I don’t like describing myself as “self-taught.” I didn’t figure this out on my own, I was taught by a supportive community that filled the Internet and WordCamp with everything I ever need to know. As a “community-trained” web developer, I have spent a ton of time searching for solutions on the Internet to my WordPress problems. More often than not when I’m searching for a solution or helping someone else, the answer is a bit of PHP or JavaScript code. But, what you should do with the code snippets you find online is not always obvious.
In this article I’m going to give you a “mildly technical” WordPress primer. It’s not going to make you a rockstar developer, but it will help you understand a little bit about how your site works and what you need to know to customize it. Next week, I will follow up with an article on how to put this knowledge to work when evaluating and implementing those code snippets that you find on the internet and think will help
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13796/how-to-be-smart-about-using-custom-wordpress-code




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/how-to-be-smart-about-using-custom-wordpress-code/