Who is Crewing Your Entrepreneur-SHIP?

EntrepreneurSHIP

In one of my very first podcast interviews I chatted with Dan Priestley from KPI and he shared with me the secret to entrepreneurship is in recognising not everyone is meant to be a captain.

Entrepreneurship is like sailing a ship; you’ll need your own crew. All of who have special skills and differing responsibilities all working in unison to steer the ship on the shortest, safest and speediest path to their destination.

Your Entrepreneur-SHIP needs her own crew. Entrepreneurship is so often thought of as a solo journey, the dream of being self-made and doing it all on your own!

I even bought into this dream in my first two businesses. Trying to do it all from the marketing to sales to podcast editing and coaching. Believing the badge of ‘busy-ness’ means I’m running a real business, when in actual fact I was trapped being self-employed. Earning less and spending a lot more time than I would if I worked for someone else.

The Energies of Entrepreneurship

Have you ever felt more stressed now than when you started your business?

I did.

If you do that’s because you’re still hanging onto being in control of everything in your business. My mentor, Chris Duncan, shared with me how he was able to scaled up to multi-millions in business through understanding the three special roles and energies in business: marketing, sales and delivery.

Marketing is all about attention and curiosity. Sales is about emotion and action. Delivery is satisfaction and communication. Each of us have a zone of genius that we naturally will gravitate toward.

However at the start-up phase, we’ve all been there before starting off doing it all. Yet this can only last for so long being a one-man-band trying to do it all only leads to one thing. Burnout.

I found this out personally when I was looking at how I was doing silly things like post-production activities on my podcast or how I was managing the social media calendar. Activities I knew that were draining and dragging me away from what I truly was a genius at… delivering systems and processes to allow my crew to achieve more together.

Your Genius Zone

Once I stepped out of the other two and doubled-down on my zone of genius it’s freed me up to do, have and achieve so much more in life and business. It’s all I ever do now. Helping other business owners to have the freedom to move from being trapped in the business and into doing what matters most through delivering systems to have their business work without them.

In life and in business whatever you choose to do, at any moment, you’re going to have to pay for it. It’s either going to be your money or your time.

The real question is ‘What are you going to spend your time on today that’ll give you more time in the future?’

Every entrepreneur-SHIP is going to need to navigate through the seas of…

  1. The Hustle (little money, little time ) —  Try to do it all yourself until you make it believing everything is in you to make it work. Doing all of the marketing, the sales and somehow finding a way to deliver on your promises.
  2. In the Money (some money, no time)  —  You start making good money, but you find yourself plateauing and trapped working in the business. Gone are the freedoms you thought being in business would be with family and social time being non-existent. You know you need to build a team, but with what time are you going to recruit, train and manage them? You’re trapped in a jail you built for yourself. The only way out is with help from the outside
  3. The Promise Land (more money, more time)  — You’ve busted out of the jail and figured how to  build systems, teams and partners who complement the different zones of geniuses in your business, allowing you the financial and time freedom. Now it’s your choice on where to take your life and business next.

No matter what type of business you’re aiming for, there is one thing for sure: You started a business to allow you to do what matters most in your world.

The only way you can achieve this is to become TIME-FREE

So what will you do next that’ll free up your time for tomorrow?

Who else do you need to bring into your crew?

Are you ready to step into your genius and to set sail with your crew aboard your Entrepreneur-SHIP?

Original article source from Medium

Co-authored with Mark Francis Thompson

Featured photo credit: Igor Lobanov via charterworld.com

The post Who is Crewing Your Entrepreneur-SHIP? appeared first on Lifehack.



from Lifehack http://www.lifehack.org/491052/who-is-crewing-your-entrepreneur-ship
via IFTTT