About Game Hacking

Hey everyone, with my recent posts on game hacking I wanted to put together some clear and summarizing thoughts. I intend to link this summary to many of my YouTube videos, to help viewers get more background info on the why and how of game hacking. A quick disclaimer, all of my hacking has been local for deeper understanding into the computer science, advancing my own skills, and exploring the state of the field. I have not sold or profited from these hacks in any sort of scenario nor do I intend to cheat other players or the game designers / game company profits. I also haven't been releasing tools that enable other players to do this, I've simply been exploring and expanding my own skills / methodologies.

That said, throughout this year I've been posting a bunch of thoughts on exploring game hacking, such as exploring various methodologies, tactics, and even game-mechanic based exploits. Some of my favorite posts on specific methodologies are below:
Modifying the Game Binaries
Modifying Game Clients
Automating Client Interaction
In-Game Functions
Modifying Map Files
Modifying Save Files
Speed Hacking
Disassembling Mono Runtime
Modifying Memory at Runtime

Most of this exploitation focuses on exploring the game design and security protections at play. Some of the key things I focus on are security controls the games use as well as techniques the programmers used. You can see some posts where I highlight these components below:
CE Detection
Anti-Cheat Mechanisms
Detection Methodology

If you want to learn more about this subject, I have to recommend the Game Hacking Book, by Nick Cano! It comes with some absolutely amazing template code for advanced game hacking. There are also some really excellent forums and guides to learn from online. Before I would post to the blog for my game hacking updates, but I've been doing so many of them that instead I've been posting straight to Youtube. If you enjoy this game hacking content you should subscribe to my channel for the latest posts. That said, I'll leave you with a fun video :)