Deploying WordPress Plugins with Travis CI


Ever since I built my first WordPress plugin, the process of deploying the code to the WordPress.org Subversion repository has been a painful one. With Git as the widespread VCS flavor of choice, switching to SVN for plugin deployment has always been jarring and felt alien to my workflow. In this post I’m going to show you how I recently leveraged one of our existing tools to automatically deploy a plugin, and thus meaning I never have to touch SVN again! There are lots of scripts out there to take care of the heavy lifting at deploy time, and we actually use a custom build script for our plugins, based on a specific repo structure, that also handles the deployment to WordPress.org. However, I’ve recently been working on our Mergebot application which has automatic deployments to the server when code is pushed to the master branch, I’ve gotten used to not having to physically do anything to deploy the code!
The Mergebot WordPress plugin has been having releases almost daily in the run up to opening up the beta, and this has meant performing the manual deployment each time. Sure, running a single command-line script is not much effort, but hey, I’m a lazy streamlined
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13965/deploying-wordpress-plugins-with-travis-ci




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/12/06/deploying-wordpress-plugins-with-travis-ci/