New Year’s resolutions for WordPress developers • Post Status


It’s a new year, and a great time to set some New Year’s resolutions as a WordPress developer. Here are some practical tips to up your game working with the WordPress code base. Editor’s Note: This is a guest post by Jack Lenox. Jack is a developer at Automattic and hails from the United Kingdom.
For just over a year now, I have been working on the WordPress.com VIP team at Automattic. I had been working at Automattic for the two years prior to this – and had been developing sites with PHP and WordPress for almost ten years prior to that. So you might imagine that I had a pretty good handle on developing stuff with WordPress.
And you would be wrong. Getting started with the VIP team was an eye-opening and occasionally terrifying learning experience, occasionally resulting in me thinking: “please excuse me for a moment while I go and fix some horrible vulnerability in all of my WordPress sites.”
Recently, I have cautiously found myself feeling slightly more comfortable with my position on the team. For some time, I have been wanting to document the most interesting and impactful things that I have learned in the past year.
As some readers may know,
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14203/new-year-s-resolutions-for-wordpress-developers-post-status




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/new-years-resolutions-for-wordpress-developers-%e2%80%a2-post-status/