So you want to be in Hosting Operations?


Arman Zakaryan Title: Director of Hosting Operations
How I got here:
I’ve been in the Technology game for the better part of the last 15 years in some shape or another. I’m a Los Angeles native and some people might say I work way too much. They’re probably right.
About ten years ago, I was sitting at a pub in Boston with a friend and former colleague one evening during An Event Apart 2007. The company we were both working for (a well known premium web hosting shop) sent us there to learn, network, and mingle. My colleague was about 10 years ahead of me in his career, so I sought his advice. The best and most useful thing he told me were these two words: baby steps.
It seems overly simplistic but I took that mantra to heart and applied it in everything I did from then on. I reminded myself that baby steps is the key to success no matter the task at hand. Turns out this is really good advice to actually get things done and pushes you to keep making progress. You are more likely to take on challenging projects, understand the details, and see them through if you have this mindset.
Flash forward to late 2014 – I had made the decision to move on from the company
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14366/so-you-want-to-be-in-hosting-operations




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/02/10/so-you-want-to-be-in-hosting-operations/