I’m Mendel, founder and head of community evangelism programs at GoDaddy, and Camp Press and Hiking with Geeks founder, AMA


I’m a native Iowan who moved to Austin, Texas ~3.5 years ago. I’ve logged over a quarter of a million miles spending time with WordPress (and others like Drupal, Javascript, Freelance) communities all over the world.

I got my start with Turbo Pascal and Borland C++, and am a self-taught PHP (and sometimes, when I have to, .net) engineer. I’ve owned and run social enterprises, and have been through the ups and downs of owning my own small web agency.

I got involved with WordPress around 10 years ago when the ease of updates and stability of the plugin ecosystem surpassed other open source projects.

Since then, I’ve worked at GoDaddy for a little over 8 years, and have seen the continuum of progress that the company has gone through over that time.

I’m super passionate about building communities, coffee, whiskey, travel, and hiking. I’m an avid explorer, and love the city I live in.

Ask my anything!
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14783/i-m-mendel-founder-and-head-of-community-evangelism-programs-at-godaddy-and-camp-press-and-hiking-with-geeks-founder-ama




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/im-mendel-founder-and-head-of-community-evangelism-programs-at-godaddy-and-camp-press-and-hiking-with-geeks-founder-ama/