Weathering Wonder Woman’s Bracers and Tiara

Redditor TheBootedCat recently finished some important components for her Wonder Woman costume: the tiara and the bracers. She spent a total of three days making them (a day for the tiara and two days for the bracers) and taking them through the steps of pattern making, crafting, priming, painting, and weathering. She used 2mm thick craft foam and covered the foam in Worbla’s Black Art.

She thinks the most important step of the process was distressing the items so they looked battle worn. She explained her process:

I’ve used regular silver, gold and black acrylic paints, that I am sure you can find at a craft store! _^ I painted the whole thing silver and gold, then as soon as it was dry, I watered down some black acrylic paint and brushed it on, then wiped it off, before it was dry. Repeated the same process till I was happy with the result. Finally, I added some highlights ( using my fingers to apply the acrylics , as someone would do to apply rub n’ buff! ), as this weathering technique leaves your piece looking a bit dull. 🙂

via Reddit



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2pszuoz
via IFTTT