Sump Monitor and Alarm #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

NewImage

From Cory Whitesell on Hackster.io:

I built a new home where water is a persistent problem. To mitigate the chances of a flooded basement, I needed a system to notify me in case of a sump pump failure or a power outage so I can react in time.

Because of the rural location of my home and spotty cell phone service, I could not rely on the push notifications from a home automation hub (because push notifications are not queued and are lost if your mobile data service is spotty).

So I built my own solution.

This solution uses a raspberry pi GPIO to monitor a pair of float switches. One switch is placed between the high and low water mark in your sump so that it toggles every time the sump fills and drains as the pump does it’s thing. The second switch is placed above the high water mark so that there’s an alarm if the water reaches a level where it is certain that power or pump has failed.

Read more


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2twSrIy
via IFTTT