Teardown of Beats Solo2 Bluetooth Headphones

Kerry D. Wong has another excellent teardown – this time with a unit of Beats Solo2 bluetooth headphones – I’m always shocked by the sticker price of these things considering the choice of components inside and the overall build quality (more on that, below!). And yeah, even when these things are pronounced ‘dead’ because of faulty wiring or some other connection, I salvage the lipo batteries, charging circuits, and speakers too!

I got this broken Beats Solo2 BT wireless headphone from one of my colleagues. In fact, it was broken once before around two years ago and I fixed it for him back then. The issue was because of a broken signal wire due to repeated flexing of the collapsible headphone band. This time around though, I am not going to fix it although I suspect that the cause remains the same. In fact, quite a few of my friends with the same Beats headphones had experienced similar problems. So I wanted to take it apart and take a closer look inside. A video of this teardown can be found towards the end of this post.

Read more.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2siCQbK
via IFTTT