Walkthrough for Designing Homemade Electromechanical Spring Reverbs

What a fantastic write-up by Scott Hampton for Tape Op on building your own spring reverbs – the kind of article that teaches and informs on several levels. Let us know if you tinker with this circuit!

I have been a big fan of spring and plate reverbs for decades, and over the past three years I have spent a significant amount of time diving into the wormhole of designing and building them, initially for my own use and now for others. There are many amazing vintage units in existence, but I wanted to design one around current, commercially available reverb tanks, as not to be at the mercy of sourcing old parts. Recently my custom shop has been offering the result of this research: the SR4, a four-tank unit with a plethora of features. For this article, I took the basics of the SR4 and reduced it down to the simplest design I could come up with to share with the DIY audio community.

Read more.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2sy6Mmn
via IFTTT