Beta Version of Oura Cloud Open to the Public

The Oura Ring is popular with biohackers due to it’s high quality sleep data. The ring also acts as a fitness tracker, but is provides minimal data for exercise relying on an accelerometer, gyroscope and heart rate sensor. The most recent July 4th update from Oura is a beta web interface to a users cloud data. This is exciting as the web interface is much easier to use than their api  and provides new information that the app had not been sharing:

  • heart rate variability
  • average resting heart rate
  • body temp
  • respiration rate

I did a quick check to see how the month of May looked for me sleep wise. I was immediately able to correlate my poorest night of rest to a 50 mile race I had run that day. I was also happy to see that some of my best nights of rest were followed by low effort exercise.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2sSdtMU
via IFTTT