Study This Breath of the Wild Zelda Cosplay

Redditor dinara_october is embodying Zelda from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in her new costume. She said it’s her favorite costume she’s made in the past year; she was inspired because she fell for Zelda’s new scholarly look in the game. Dinara based her build on concept art and used materials such as twill fabric and craft foam in construction. To get details like the swirls and dots on the belt (pictured below), she used the twill fabric to make the accents and applied them with heat and bond.

Dinara styled the wig, too. She says:

Zelda’s wig is pretty simply design. I used wig wefts and created a braided headband that I can slip on and off over the base wig. Lots and lots of hair spray and hair gel to keep it from coming apart.

The ears are Yaya Han’s Medium sized Elf Ears, I have a sensitivity to glues so I don’t like using ear prosthetics, they are on a head band that easily fits under the wig and I painted them to match my skin colour.

Get more build notes and photos in this Imgur album.

via Reddit



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2vZejfv
via IFTTT