A 110Ah Battery Bank Built Using 80 LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) Cells

Check out the load testing video below and be sure to read all about Kerry Wong’s process (and courage, frankly) here.

During the past couple of weeks I have been busy making a large battery bank using the eighty 32650 LiFePO4 cells I bought on eBay. The battery bank I am building is a 12V (13.2V nominal) 4S/20P one. With each cell rated at 5.5Ah the battery bank has a capacity of 110Ah, which is just under 1.5kWh.

Once I finished building the battery bank, I ran some load tests to ensure that the batteries and the BMS module are working properly. The video below shows me putting the battery bank through its paces.

Read more.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2z1qI1k
via IFTTT