Make Your Own LED Tattoo #WearableWednesday

Fun wearable project from Alex Glow on hackster.io:

For Version 2, I deployed a piece of instant jewelry I’d brought on the trip. The two-finger ring became a perfect mount point for the battery pack, using some double-sided sticky tape. The tapes helped hold the ring on my hand, too.

It stuck on and didn’t short out in 95-degree weather at Maker Faire New York, and I consider that a success! The battery lasted for hours as we wandered the Faire and the city. I will definitely be using this again.

…In fact, I already have! Someone on reddit requested low-light pics/video, so I stuck it back on with double-sided tape. If your skin is especially sensitive, you might want to stick it to something else first, to weaken the tack. As-is, this worked great.

Read more and see more from Alex Glow on YouTube


Flora breadboard is Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2yqNDGA
via IFTTT