Twinkle Twinkle Nail Art and Bracelet #WearableWednesday

From Kitty Yeung on Hackster.io:

About half a year ago, after seeing my tech-fashion designs, a friend sent me a music video (I can’t find which video it was anymore. Maybe readers here can help). It had a few human robots in light-up dresses but an additional thing I noticed was their LED nails. I thought it would be cool to make some.

I want to make the nails look natural and not too long or bulky. I also want to use microcontrollers to create a twinkling effect. But since the nails are so small compared with modular electronic components, I have to come up with a solution. What if I make a beautiful bracelet that can hide the electronics inside and link to the nails?

Here comes two versions. I’ll describe the different processes. Design 1 is easier to do which took about 2 hours, whereas design 2 took about 4 hours. Which one do you like more?

See the full write up on Hackster.io


Flora breadboard is Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2gbWyES
via IFTTT