A View from the Easel Peek: Inside Artists’ Studios

via HYPERALLERGIC

The 102nd installment of a series in which artists send in a photo and a description of their workspace. Want to take part? Submit your studio — just check out the submission guidelines.

Anne Marchand, Washington, DC (site)

My studio space is in an old Victorian townhouse. The floor to ceiling windows let in lots of morning light. I have track lighting around areas that don’t get much direct sunlight. I like to have a clean slate when I begin a new series. This view of the studio has finished abstract paintings and a work in progress on the floor. Since my process is spontaneous and active, paint goes everywhere. I typically use acrylic paints on canvas with cardboard barriers to protect the floor and rug underneath. At the end of a painting day, I arrange all my materials and supplies so I can have a fresh start when I return. All of my studio furniture has wheels and can be reconfigured for different projects. I’ve just added a couple more rolling carts with tops so I can work on smaller pieces. My paints are stored in plastic containers on the metal shelves and my other resource materials are stacked into old cigar boxes that I use as bins and store them under the table. I love coming in and seeing all the vibrant colors waiting for discovery. It’s a kickstart to begin the creative process once again.

Michel Luc Bellemare, Ottawa, Canada (site)

As you can see from the image of my studio, I have large abstract artworks on the walls and some other artworks ready for delivery to clients. I have ample space to move around, industrial lighting, and a work station (in the corner of the image) that I built to organize my paints and art materials.

See more!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2hGYSk8
via IFTTT