Mechanical LEGO Keyboard

Great new post from Jason at JK Brickworks.

Ever since posting my previous LEGO keyboard a few years ago, which was built around an old membrane keyboard, I’ve wanted to build a version using mechanical key switches. This year, I finally ordered myself a mechanical keyboard to use as a base – a Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid. It’s a pretty basic donor keyboard, but that’s all I wanted since my focus was going to be on the LEGO styling of it.

I built a pretty simple LEGO frame to house the circuit board and recruited my brother Roman, who is a mechanical engineer, to design some Cherry MX LEGO compatible key caps to mount on the switches. Check the video out to see it in action and how it is built. More details, photos and info about the key caps can be found below.

Read more.