Homemade Thermal Camera: WEMOS LOLIN32 + ILI9341 TFT LCD + FLIR Lepton 3 Sensor

Great project by Damien Walsh spotted on his blog – with GitHub repo here.

Thermal cameras have always fascinated me. I think the ability to view a part of the electromagnetic spectrum that is normally hidden from us will always be a strange and exciting thing.

Unfortunately, they’re also quite expensive, especially if you’re buying one just for playing around with rather than using in some commercial capacity like thermal surveying or electronics testing.

I wanted to get started with thermography without a huge price tag, so I thought I’d go all in and build my own! Obviously, this was a hugely involved process so I’ll cover a bit of each aspect here.

Read more here and here.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2ASLVLe
via IFTTT