Kindleberry Pi Zero W #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

NewImage

From Ben Yarmis via raspberry pi pod:

This is what I’m calling the Kindleberry Pi Zero W.

Yeah, I know it’s a mouthful, it just seemed like the only appropriate name. It’s a Raspberry Pi Zero W, a Kindle Touch, and a Bluetooth keyboard, all routed through my phone acting as a router and wireless access point. It’s a portable, minimalistic-ish computing solution in search of a problem. And I really like it!

Why

I remember reading about a Kindleberry Pi that consisted of a newer Kindle and an older Raspberry Pi. This is an update to that update. I figured, since I have a Kindle sitting around doing nothing, a spare-at-the-moment Raspberry Pi Zero W, and a nice lazy long weekend ahead of me, I might as well see how far I can get with setting it up. Turns out, pretty far!

At the end of the weekend (plus an evening to iron the kinks out), I have something that I can throw in a bag and take on a plane for fun, portable computing. Ok, there might also be a slight hipster air about the whole thing that also calls to me, sue me.

Read more


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2DsL2yb
via IFTTT