Shipping Crate Calculator Online Tool Hosted by @volpinprops

Volpin Props not only have a great post about designing crates in general and specifically for shipping props with an emphasis on smooth interiors for inlaying foam and exterior handles in the form of the depth of the lumber itself. All good points for anyone who has had to tackle this issue on their own. And with the help of a couple Patreon supporters Volpin Props were able to turn the “pen-and-paper formula” used to design the crates into an online calculator tool – how cool is that?!

Over the years I’ve built a lot of shipping containers. I started out like anyone else would when they’re getting their bearings – paying UPS to put something in a box and ship it to my client. That stopped when I dropped off my AER-9 project to ship to Bethesda back in 2009. UPS asked $650 for that particular service, and I thought “hey, that sounds really, really, really stupid and I can probably do a better job anyway”

Read more.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2DCWLXO
via IFTTT