Alex Christopher Williams Talks Current Works, Culture and Masculinity with Photo-Emphasis Chats #celebratephotography

NewImage

From Photo-Emphasis:

This is a project about the innocence of being young and the sort of maze one wanders through to find the truth of who they are. These pictures reflect on personal, historical and contemporary experiences around issues of race and identity in America. Being a mixed race child, it has never been impressed on me that I should choose between my cultural backgrounds but within this work, I have decided to explore the issues that surround black masculinity using my father as my entry point while I reflect on how different my life would be if I looked more like my him.

Read more and see more of Alex Christopher William’s work


Photofooter

We #celebratephotography here at Adafruit every Saturday. From photographers of all levels to projects you have made or those that inspire you to make, we’re on it! Got a tip? Well, send it in!

If you’re interested in making your own project and need some gear, we’ve got you covered. Be sure to check out our Raspberry Pi accessories and our DIY cameras.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/2ESwLJy
via IFTTT