Remotely Update Your Status on a Standard 16×2 LCD via WiFi | #IoT #IoTuesday @Estranged

HUZZAH! Rad project – and excellent walkthrough – by Mark Fischer: WiFi LCD Status Screen. Mark posted about the project over on our Discord channel, which you should totally check out and engage with our community in that space. (And if you post your project, it might show up here on the blog!)

I recently picked up one of Adafruit’s new HUZZAH32 Feather development boards, without having a clear project in mind for it. However after browsing the Adafruit forums, I stumbled across someone who was making a sort of status screen for their office, and I thought I would try that out.

The basic idea is to have a little box with an LCD screen on it which would display my current status. Like, if I’m in a meeting, at lunch, or home sick.

Read more.

Read more.