Enzo’s Control Room: Kid’s Control Panel Build with Buttons, Blinky stuff and more! @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

Tumblr inline oo7kkpaWz91s95p1z 500

Absolutely fantastic build-in-progress from Michael Teeuw of Xonay Labs.

With all of my projects that include one or more buttons, I know one thing for sure. The buttons will be extensively tested by my 1,5 year old tinkerer Enzo. My Automatic curtains need to open and closed more than a few times a day, and my robot arm’s test buttons are being pressed repeatedly even while it isn’t powered on. I think the message is clear: he wants his own buttons!

Now I must admit, this project is inspired by the awesome, incomparable Mission Control Desk by Jeff High Smith. But since both my budget, space and time is a bit more restricted, I’m going for a more compact solution.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!