Floureon 5500mAh Batteries for DJI Flamewheel F550 Used to Power Portable LED Panels

John Aldred from DIY Photography has an interesting setup using repurposed LiPo batteries from his DJI Flamewheel F550 drone for powering his Spiffy Gear Spekular light:

If you’re like me, and you shoot mostly on location, power is an issue. For photography I solved those issues by switching to Godox strobes with light battery packs or integrated batteries. For video, though, power for continuous lights can be troublesome. Or at the very least, expensive. Some lights will allow you to use relatively inexpensive Sony NPF batteries, while others require expensive V-Mount batteries.

I’ve found another solution to my continuous power problem, though. RC lipo batteries. I had a few left over from my DJI Flamewheel F550 drone after the controller was stolen. So, I figured why not put them to good use elsewhere? They’re also great for powering cameras for battery-draining long exposure timelapse sequences, too.

Read more here.

You can see another video of the lights and their application here: