Gary Gygax’s Unpublished Work to be Turned into Video Games

via Digital Trends

The unpublished works in question are more than four decades old, as they are said to have inspired the creation of the beloved tabletop game Dungeons & Dragons.

“The worlds and characters to be discovered in my husband’s unpublished intellectual property are an incredibly important part of his legacy,” said Gail Gygax, Gary’s widow, in a press release. “Therefore, it was paramount that we partner with an advanced and innovative platform such as Fig that gave us complete control of his creative vision.”

As part of that creative control, Alex Gygax, the youngest son of Gary, will serve as CEO of Gygax Games, which has been dormant in recent years.

“As a gamer, I wanted to bring my father’s works to life in a medium that I enjoy. I’m looking forward to working with talented developers who love my father’s work as much as I do,” Alex said.

Learn more!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2qZ2KkV
via IFTTT