Guide updated: I2S and CircuitPython with MAX98357!

We’ve updated the guide for the Adafruit I2S 3W Class D Amplifier Breakout – MAX98357A with new CircuitPython examples. CircuitPython 3.0 has I2S built in, so you can super easily get started with this breakout. All you have to do is follow the wiring diagrams provided in the guide to hook up the breakout to your supported CircuitPython board and copy the example code to your board. No compiling needed! We provide two examples. You’ll be able to play a generated sine tone through the speaker connected to your board to test, or you can copy a wave audio file to your board and play it back.

Unlike so many other programming languages, the buffering and DMA is all handled for you – so you can make high quality digital audio without learning a ton about I2S. Works with most of our M0 and M4 Express boards, so you can try it today. It’s great for interactive musical projects!

Check out the updated guide for I2S with CircuitPython!