Motion Triggered Pet Monitoring System with Raspberry Pi Zero W

Caroline Dunn shared this video on Youtube!

How to setup MotionEye on a Pi Zero W with email, Dropbox and IFTTT.
I recently setup my Pi Zero W with the V2 Camera module to monitor my cat’s eating habits. My cat, Tia, is 19 years old and has diabetes, so I’m monitoring her very closely. For example, I’ll leave the house for about 1-2 hours and when I get back, I’ll notice that she’s sleeping in the exact same spot as when I left. Did she get up while I was gone and return to the same spot, or was she sleeping there the entire time? Also, since she is diabetic, and I am testing her blood glucose, the test will be inaccurate if she ate right before I gave her the test.

See more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!