RoboPup: Robotic Hand Puppet @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

from Brian Chamberlain via hackster.io

This is an accounting of my attempt to build an animatronic hand puppet robot running off the Raspberry Pi and hobby servos.

I wanted to build an animatronic hand puppet. The big challenge I faced was trying to sync up the movement with the speech. I still have this in storage and one of these days I will bring it back to life. I think it still has potential even after all these years.

I’m sharing my results here because I think the platform is pretty good for animating despite the challenges I had achieving my end goal.

This is what drives the servervos and gives the device the ability to speak. The Alamode board interfaces to the Raspberry Pi and handles the precise timing for the servo control.

See full breakdown here!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!