This Pi Zero-based Guitar is All Digital – it uses a 6 (string) by 21 (frets) Matrix Keypad | #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

Redditor ichbinfreigeist uploaded a video glancing at the interior of their all-digital Pi Zero-based “Puitar” Guitar – along with some musical demo of their homemade instrument. (If the embed below doesn’t load properly you can check out the original post here on Reddit – also the project now has a GitHub repository as well.) Rock on!

Raspberry Puitar! A Raspberry Pi Zero Guitar! from r/raspberry_pi

I just quickly wrote down what was in my head, sorry if I forgot something. I will see that I can upload the code to Github or some other place when I have time. The code is not very good and the mixing doesn’t seem to be correct but maybe someone can improve it (please share improvements with me too), or maybe it would be a better idea to output to midi to have more impressive sound instead of just generating a sine wave. Cheers.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!