Exporting from Fusion 360 Tips by Chris Young

Chris Young has a tip on saving projects out of Autodesk Fusion 360. Although that sounds like an obvious thing to do, it’s actually a bit of workaround when projects don’t quite export easily.

when it comes time to share my open source designs with the world, it’s very difficult to save these Fusion 360 designs to my hard drive to later be uploaded to GitHub or Thingiverse. Fusion 360 stores its files in the cloud under your account most of the time. It does have the ability to save a design to your hard drive but not if that design contains linked components. If you try breaking the links it can create reference errors especially if the linked components themselves contain linked subcomponents.

I’ve myself have ran into issues when trying to save out my projects locally for sharing on github, learn, thingiverse, etc. I thought it was easy enough share public links via the project window but seeing the process of downloading broken out in Chris’ blog made me realize how it is a bit of a process.

Common Autodesk, ya’ll can do better 🙂

Read full post on Chris Young’s Blog



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2LVlaiF
via IFTTT