From the mail bag…

Mailbag animated

From the mail bag!

I sent a message already about how great Adafruit is, but here is another for the mail bag 🙂

I have been primarily a programmer for awhile and that’s what I have been interested in since high school. I didn’t have an interest in hardware or electronics as much because I had no idea about any of it. Along came the Raspberry Pi and I saw electronics projects then learned about the Arduino and how you can do all sorts of neat things. Of course I found Adafruit when searching around. My wallet may not thank you because I bought so many things, hundreds of dollars of electronics stuff and then a 3D printer because you inspired me to get into these things. But, I think it was all worth it 🙂

Through your tutorials and watching the Show and Tell, Ask an Engineer and 3D Thursday every week, I have been inspired to work on projects. The videos by Collin have made me not scared to try and learn how to solder and tinker with electronics. My parents saw that I was into this and handed down a 20+ year old Weller Soldering Iron that still works.

Thanks Neo and Pedro for responding to my questions on the 3D Hangouts videos. Because of your videos, responses and your discussion I got into the world of 3D printing, which has been both a rewarding as well as challenging and frustrating adventure, but your provided a resource that reassured me that everyone has been through these challenging moments, even those with experience.

I don’t think any other companies are as involved with the community as well as Adafruit. You are able to sell your products because you know that people will buy them because of the projects and tutorials you provide and you have people who will respond to your customers who are interested in them. No need for any other kind of advertising.

Thanks again,

Byron