A Smart Mirror with Voice Control @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

from Seeed  via hackster.io

A smart mirror with voice interface control via ReSpeaker. We also connect with Wio Link to control other objects! Based on Raspberry Pi.

Something I’ve always wanted is a magic mirror. An advisor who’s near omniscient that I can ask for information. Growing up I imagined it being similar to the magic mirror from Shrek, witty, having great showmanship, and the ability to be a friend.

Well, I’m technically no longer a child. I’m 28 (10 at heart), and I’ll settle for what I can access around me and what my team can create. Technology has made this relatively simple to throw together. This project isn’t what’s describe above – it lacks the wit, could use some better showmanship, and is not omniscient (yet!) – but, it’s definitely real and not just part of our stories and imaginations. And the best part? It’s largely open source. That’s right, you can grab this yourself and create it – I hope with some changes and improvements you are willing to share.

See full project breakdown here!

Update – Looks like the software used was: https://magicmirror.builders/


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2PCid5b
via IFTTT