Art Deco Clock and Weather Display #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

Img 5784 EqyYOIEGMe

This is a great update to vintage style. Shared on Hackster.io:

Research for my previous project on hackster, the miniz streaming radio, introduced me to the beautiful world of Art Deco clocks. While building the deco-inspired miniz, I added a deco clock face as an option. I also wanted to add a weather feed as a separate screen. Unfortunately, I couldn’t add weather – that used too much memory on the raspberry pi zero W.

After the miniz was complete, I kept thinking of the impressive clocks, especially one by Gilbert Rohde for Herman Miller. Would be nice to build a clock taking design cues from that Rohde clock. Hmn. A clock is light-weight, memory-wise. Maybe fit a weather display in there, too?

Yes! Let’s build it….

Learn more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!