I have resigned as the WordPress accessibility team lead. Here is why


This post is written with the Gutenberg editor version 3.9.0. Disclaimer: This post is my opinion and mine alone.
After several years of working on WordPress and accessibility and being part of the accessibility team, I have taken the very difficult decision to leave the WordPress accessibility team. I owe it to the team to explain why I have made this decision and how I hope things can improve for the future.
The last year, especially the last few weeks have been too politically complicated for me. It’s better that someone else takes the lead now.
In this post I’ll try to give an analysis of what the WordPress Accessibility Team (wpa11y team) did during the development of Gutenberg and what the problems are with working on its accessibility.
Gutenberg
When the development of Gutenberg started, the wpa11y team followed its progress and tested what was there. And we discovered there is much to improve. So Andrea Fercia started to open tickets and tried to find solutions. And that was a huge task.
Codebase
We had four big problems:
The codebase of Gutenberg is difficult for all of us, because no one in the wpa11y team is a skilled REACT developer. So it was hard to implement
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17959/i-have-resigned-as-the-wordpress-accessibility-team-lead-here-is-why



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/10/09/i-have-resigned-as-the-wordpress-accessibility-team-lead-here-is-why/