JPC van Heijst Talks Long Exposure Photography from the Stratosphere #celebratephotography

NewImage

Interesting read and fascinating photos from JPC van Heijst:

In a small space like the cockpit of an aircraft the Fisheye lens proved to be a winner, but the camera was clearly a limiting factor. Soon, my holiday-money was invested in the Nikon D200; a slight step up the camera-ladder and my photography took another small step forward.

But it wasn’t until I was starting to fly the Boeing 747 in 2011 that my night-photography started to get serious.

With flights all over the world and through all time-zones, I was getting more and more interested in capturing the next challenging thing; the moonlight reflected on the clouds, the tender light of a sun long gone below the horizon or even the wonders of the northern lights or falling meteorites.

Finally, my finances (barely) allowed me to invest in my very first full-frame DSLR, the Nikon D800. Only now I started to reap the benefits of using a prime f/2.8 lens on my camera and the real experimenting began.

Read more


Photofooter

We #celebratephotography here at Adafruit every Saturday. From photographers of all levels to projects you have made or those that inspire you to make, we’re on it! Got a tip? Well, send it in!

If you’re interested in making your own project and need some gear, we’ve got you covered. Be sure to check out our Raspberry Pi accessories and our DIY cameras.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2pOyHMs
via IFTTT