Open Source Controller for a Refurbished Hot Tub @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

from Bernie Trinnes and Georgi Yatsev via hackaday.io

I found a used hot tub online, that’s a couple of years old and I decided I can make a cool project out of it. The built-in controls were already annoying and time-consuming, so that gave me further reason to tinker with it. In order to save energy, I lower the pool temperature when not used, but if I wanted to use the hot tub, I had to turn the temperature up 4 hours in advance. As an example of what I mean by saying annoying: In order to save energy, I had to lower the pool temperature when not used, but if I wanted to use the hot tub, I had to turn the temperature up 4 hours in advance. Another thing that happened was that somehow the circulation pump decided to turn on randomly during the night – that would probably have gotten under control if I had read the manual, but as a tinker I prefer to tear out the controls and use a Raspberry Pi instead – so here’s my article “Open source hot tub controller.”

See full project here!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2EwOCZp
via IFTTT