Tesla Wheel Cap With Insert and Customizable Plate #3DThursday #3DPrinting

Ef9eada55ef0a4cf55ccb42fa35ae992 preview featured

Shared by The Chateau on Thingiverse:

Remixed from Tesla Model 3/S/X Wheel Center Cap by justingray

I wanted to print the logo in a separate color than the rest of the cap, so I created an insert that fits int the Tesla Logo. I also wanted to have the option to use any logo so I created a blank version as well for others to easily customize.

I also had trouble printing it with supports so I split the mount and logo plate into two separate prints which allows me to print them without support

In the first two photos I have two caps. They both are the same, fully assembled models. The one on the right however has been smoothed with acetone vapor. I think this gives it a nice polished look.

Download the files and learn more


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!